A Painted Rosary cleverly pairs a modern and sleek design with the richness of traditional sacred art to transform how you pray the Rosary. Increase prayerful focus and deepen your meditation as you become immersed in the 20 mysteries of the Rosary through paintings from the 11th - 17th centuries. With limited distractions and containing just enough content without being overwhelming, A Painted Rosary is designed to be used while praying.
Each turn of a page reveals a mystery of the Rosary with its corresponding full-page painting, spiritual fruit, and a Printed Bead Tracker. Simply move your thumb down the page of beads to keep your place, allowing the colors of the tracker to pull you into the scene of the painting. (See below for info on our Rosary bead stickers which add a textured feel as you pray!)
While designed for adults, A Painted Rosary is suitable for older children as well. It is perfect for those learning to pray the Rosary, those who want to pray on the go, and especially for those who desire to enter more deeply into the mysteries of the Rosary and the life of Christ.
This book has been awarded the Catholic Writers Guild "Seal of Approval" for quality writing and being faithful to Catholic teaching!
- Beautiful, modern and minimalist design
- Highly visual with full-page, color paintings
- Contains a mix of both commonly and seldom seen art
- Designed for reduced distraction - e.g. limited text; no commentary
- Includes all Rosary prayers printed for easy reference
- Includes all 20 mysteries (Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious & Luminous)
- Printed in the USA
- 5"x7" - perfect to throw in your bag and take on the go
- Softcover (soft touch laminated), perfect bound
- 54 pages, satin paper
- 20 Printed Bead Trackers to help you keep your place while praying each mystery
- 23 color paintings
- 4 bible verses to introduce each set of mysteries
Please note: Because monitors and browsers are different, the color you see on your screen may be slightly different than what you see in print.
*** ROSARY BEAD STICKER ADD ON! ***
These Rosary bead stickers can be placed over each Printed Bead Tracker in your book to give it a textured feel. This will allow you to more easily pray without having to look at each bead! Get for a reduced price when you purchase with your book!
Already own a book and just want to buy the stickers? Visit this listing for Rosary stickers sold separately.
- 21 Stickers (One for each Mystery of the Rosary + one extra just in case)
- Made from durable, clear polypropylene
- Matte UV Protective Coating for repeated handling
- Each sticker has a large circle for the "Our Father Bead" and 10 smaller circles for the "Hail Mary Beads" connected as one strand. The center of each circle is cut out so you can feel an indentation as you move your finger from bead to bead.
- Printed in the USA
Approximately 15 minutes. Once you place a few and get the hang of it, applying them goes pretty quickly. The stickers are very flexible, yet durable. If you mess up, you can easily re-stick them without tearing the page or ripping the sticker.
Open your book to the First Joyful Mystery. Press down the page a bit so it opens more easily. Using a heavy book or paperweight, or having someone hold the book down for you, will help. Carefully peel back the first sticker under “Joyful Mysteries.” Use the colored circle on the sticker as a guide, placing it over the largest bead on the page. Once in place, carefully align the sticker over the other beads. Then, press firmly to secure. Repeat for the other 19 mysteries.
Hear what others have to say:
"The Church has always understood the power of art to draw the faithful to prayer, as well as to teach. "A Painted Rosary" takes the faithful on a visual journey through the mysteries of the Rosary. It's a wonderful tool for meditative prayer with beautiful examples of old master paintings. Anyone with a devotion to the Rosary should own this book, but especially those who love art." – Kathleen Carr, Founder of Catholic Art Institute
"A Painted Rosary features gorgeous classic art, a simple presentation, and a practical bead tracker, making praying a meditative Rosary both attainable and meaningful. Designed with adults in mind, I also think this book is just as applicable for children who are naturally drawn to the rich beauty of classic art and can benefit from adding a visual element to their time in prayer. I think this wonderful little book would be an asset in any Catholic home or classroom!” - Katie Bogner, www.looktohimandberadiant.com, author of Through the Year with Jesus: Gospel Readings and Reflections for Children
"The interactive nature of the bead tracker on the side of each page and the sacred art images of each of the mysteries makes this little book especially wonderful for visual and kinesthetic learners who benefit so much from art and movement in prayer.” -Katie Warner, Catholic children’s book author at FirstFaithTreasury.com
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS
If located outside of the US and Canada, you may purchase this book via our Etsy shop.
GENERAL SHIPPING INFO
- This item ships from Michigan, USA.
- Processing times are 1-2 business days. This is the time it takes to get your package ready to mail out.
-Estimated shipping times of 2-6 days for contiguous U.S. states. However, this can vary and Thy Olive Tree is not responsible for delays in shipping.
-Items are shipped without prices listed on the packing slip.
- Customers are responsible for any applicable customs/duties fees.
- Thy Olive Tree is not responsible for delays due to customs.
- Larger orders may ship in multiple packages.
- Items ship via USPS and delivery takes 1-3+ weeks.
- Prices will be listed on applicable customs forms.
Returns are handled on a case by case basis. Contact us within 14 days of receiving your item(s) if you have any problems with your order. Receipt or proof of purchase is required. Buyers are responsible for paying return shipping fees. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted. Any item approved for return must be in the same condition that you received it, unused and in its original packaging. We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not.
Beautiful and kid friendly!
I bought a handful of copies to give to friends. They were all so impressed by the amazing art! They all agreed it was a wonderful way to pray the rosary.
I love this book! It has taken me so deep into the rosary that there are not words to express it. Which is ok because the work is about pictures.
My children are using this book over and over. Beautiful. And so accessible.
The art inside is beautiful and makes praying the rosary a visual activity. Enjoy using it in my personal prayer time and with the kids.
Thank you! So happy you enjoy using the book!