Thy Olive Tree Market Onboarding
Congratulations on your acceptance to Thy Olive Tree Market! We are thrilled to have you join our community. This page will guide you through the onboarding process to officially become a book supplier with us. Let's get started by reviewing how our dropshipping model works:
Key Points on How This All Works
- We use a dropshipping model on all orders. This means a customer places and pays for an order with us. We turn around and order from you. You'll get an automatic email to fulfill that order. This means you will purchase postage, package and ship the order. You’ll have access to a dashboard where you can view order details and enter the package tracking number after you've shipped it.
- We only ship to the 50 US States and DC. We allow shipments to P.O. Boxes. At this time, we don't ship internationally, to AFO/FPO/DPO addresses or US territories.
- We offer standard shipping (1-8 day delivery) with tracking. Please use whichever carrier and rate you normally use to fulfill customer orders, so ours remains comparable. If you currently use USPS Media Mail, please let us know so we can indicate this in your product description. Also, please see our Supplier Terms and Conditions for more specific information on using Media Mail.
- Please use the packing slip we provide for each order. Don't add your own policies to it, as this may conflict with ours.
- Thy Olive Tree does not hold physical inventory for you.
- At this time, we do not sell e-books or digital materials.
- You'll need to have inventory on hand and set aside to sell on our site. It can be as few as 3 books if that's all you want to try at first. If your book is handmade, it could be just 1.
- If you need to adjust inventory numbers, go on vacation or know there are periods of times you can't fulfill orders, just let us know so we can adjust your book listing.
- We only handle returns on a case-by-case basis.
- Typical reasons we'd approve a return are for damaged, delayed or lost goods, poor quality or items different than what was described. You are responsible for returns, but we'll do our best to chat with you first about the situation.
- The listing price for your book on our site = book retail price + the average cost you charge customers for shipping. When your book sells, you get 75% of the listing price.
- The price we pay you for each book is set in advance and does not fluctuate based on actual shipping and packaging fees that you incur during fulfillment.
- Let us know if your product or shipping prices change so we can adjust our listing price accordingly.
Pricing example: You sell your book on your website for $15. When a customer checks out, they are -- on average-- charged $5 for shipping. We list your book on our website for $20 (free shipping). When a customer orders, they pay us $20. You package and ship the order. Maybe it costs you $6, maybe $4. Either way, you are always paid 75% of our listing price. In this example: 75% of $20= $15 payment. Your shipping costs come out of this payment, so please make sure you've done some shipping rate calculations prior to make sure this model works for you!
- We pay you each month via your BUSINESS PayPal account. As an example, all orders placed in January would be paid by February 15th.
All payment to you from Thy Olive Tree is exclusive of any applicable sales tax. Thy Olive Tree is only required to collect sales tax on orders shipping into Michigan. It is your responsibility to be in compliance with all sales tax laws as it relates to you and your business. We highly advise you work with a tax professional to make sure you are in compliance. Further details on this are available in our Supplier Terms and Conditions under "Sales Tax."
Let's collect some basic info from you:
Onboarding Part 1: YOUR INFORMATION
And now, let's get some more info on your amazing book! You can skip this for now if your book is handmade and not ready to list.
Onboarding Part 2: BOOK INFORMATION
Thank you! If you've completed the forms above, you are all set. We'll reach out soon to provide further instruction and share your book listing(s) with you!